[To the tune of the Mister Rogers Neighborhood theme song]
Walks in. Takes off jacket. Puts a sweater on.
Thanks for joining me for my first ever spiffy new blog post. I hope you enjoy your time here. I know everyone is SO excited for me to just get to all my crazy ramblings, so I’ll keep this post short.
Here’s the scoop. I’ve started this blog for a few reasons:
- Just like Fred Rogers taught me growing up, sharing is caring. I love to share! I love to care! Why not share and care on this nice blog space? Each blog post will follow those themes, as well as other Mister Rogers-esque principles. I will share personal stories of struggle and triumph as a mom, as well as highlight things happening in my neighborhood – either locally in metro Detroit or in our world (hey, we’re all neighbors in some way or another).
- I love the land of make-believe. This is where I’ll pretend I’m good at cooking and crafts and all those mom-type things and post my efforts here. There might not be a lot of those kinds of posts.
- I’ve blogged before but haven’t stuck with it. Now I’ve started a brand new chapter in my life – one that seems very much blog-worthy to myself and to several millions of women out there: I have become a mom.
- When you become a mom, your “neighborhood,” including your work, community, school, family and friends start to mean even more to you. Mostly it’s because you can’t believe everything you read on the Internet (I know, shocking!) and I’ve personally found it easier to learn from others. This is where I will share what I am learning.
- Writing is my passion. And perfecting passions take practice. This is where this blog comes in.
And with that, I begin this adventure.
So, let’s make the most of this beautiful day.
Since we’re together we might as well say:
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won’t you be my neighbor?