Every mom has her list of websites she turns to for information. After digging into what feels like a bazillion of them, I’ve come up with a list of 5 that have become my go-to spots for learning about topics and news surrounding parenting.
1. KellyMom.com – This site is chock-full of great information and not at all influenced by advertisers – a rarity in the parenting website world. Kelly, the gal behind the site is a lactation consultant and mom to 3. The tips for solid feeding and breastfeeding are presented in a simple, easy-to-understand manner using evidence-based research. Facebook
2. Moms Like Me – MLM is connected with newspaper giant, Gannett. Large cities in many states have an individual site (for example, I am a member of the Detroit site). Mostly made up of online forums, it can be a great place for moms to chat, ask questions and learn about cool things happening in your area. Side bonus: There are always great giveaways to check out. Facebook (for Detroit)
3. Parenting – This is a super cool site for news and information relating to well, parenting of course! Cool features include product recalls, must-have gear for moms and the blogs, which always offer an interesting perspective on things happening in the news. Facebook
4. Baby Center – Become a member and get weekly emails customized to your baby’s age (pregnancy and beyond). The site is full of great information that is organized in an intuitive manner. My only regret is not getting more involved in my birth club while pregnant – seems like a great place to engage with other moms and even make “real life” friends with moms in your area.
5. WholesomeBabyFood.com – This one-stop-shop for baby food anything is awesome for moms looking to take a stab at making their own baby food. Prior to becoming a mom, I had no clue of what babies can eat (avocado, what?) and not eat (honey). Thanks to this super helpful website, I am now in the know. And it feels good to actually make things that are organic and taste great but also save tons of money. Facebook
What are your favorite informational parenting websites?