One of my hot button issues is education. I believe it’s the key to our future. In fact, I personally believe that it is the key to Detroit’s turnaround. So when I got word about a program doing great things to help our nation’s classrooms, I jumped at the chance to discuss it with all of you.
Elmer’s (as in the glue, ya’ll) is helping children in need to get school supplies this back-to-school season through the Kids In Need Foundation. And the program needs your help.
From now until Sept. 1, for each “like” on the Elmer’s Facebook page, and video watch on the Elmer’s Kids In Need tab, the company will donate a product to the Foundation’s national network of free stores, where teachers from select schools can “shop” for free for school supplies.
For my local readers, the center in Detroit that will receive the supplies is Operation: Kid Equip, a fabulous organization that is close to my heart. In addition to everything OKE will receive from Elmer’s, another local corporate citizen, Comerica Bank, will also be hosting a school supply drive at all 197 of their banking centers, August 1-19. See details here on how to help. With all the school supplies on sale right now, stock up, donate, and help some kids in need!
For other states, see here to learn which local organization the Kids In Need Foundation and Elmer’s is helping.
As a fun bonus, I also have 3 back-to-school kits, compliments of Elmer’s, to give away. Win one for yourself/your child, or, if you’re like me and don’t have a little one in school yet, donate it to a local organization or school in need.
The kits include:
- The all-new Elmer’s X-TREME School Glue Stick
- Small foam tri-fold
- Project Popperz
- Mini bi-fold foam
- Disappearing purple glue sticks
- Gel school glue sticks
- School glue
- School glue dual tip pen
Here’s how to enter:
- You must be a U.S. resident
- Leave me a comment telling me what your favorite back to school supply was growing up (For example, I loved Lisa Frank folders!) Make sure to leave your email address, as that will be the way the winner is notified.
For additional entries:
- ‘Like’ the Elmer’s page on Facebook and leave me a separate comment letting me know you did so
- Tweet the following: “I helped a child receive #B2S supplies with @Elmers, @KidsInNeed and @LaurenWeber84: http://bit.ly/qoSaNN” (no need to leave a comment saying you did this, as I will see it on Twitter)
I will pick a winner at random on August 15. Good luck and happy back-to-school shopping!