After a few disasters in the kitchen this past week (a girl’s gotta learn somehow, right?!), I am so thankful I have a few easy recipes to turn to while trying to boost my cooking confidence. This Chicken Bruschetta Bake is one of my favorite quick and inexpensive meals. It’s so simple and I love that it only requires 6 ingredients – most of which are in my pantry at all times. Score!
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained (I like the Italian style ones with basil and oregano)
- 1 pkg. chicken stuffing
- ½ cup of water
- 2 gloves of garlic, minced (or if you're lazy like me, one tablespoon of minced garlic)
- 1½ lbs. chicken, diced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 cup mozarella cheese (I like to add a little parmesan for good measure)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix tomatoes, stuffing mix, water and garlic until stuffing is moistened.
- Layer chicken, basil and cheese in a 13x9 or 3 quart dish. Top with stuffing mix concoction and extra cheese (again, for good measure).
- Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I like to serve with a side salad and fresh green beans. Freezes well and is great for lunch the next day, too!
What are your favorite quick homemade meals?