I never was a big fan of beef in general growing up. As I started to learn how to cook, I was scared to cook with it, and was always afraid I wasn’t going to cook it right and make myself sick. Then, this crock pot beef stroganoff recipe fell into my lap and now I’m a convert. This is so simple and so tasty.
I made this a lot during the winter when I was working full-time. It was super easy to throw in the crock pot before work and only took 15 minutes to put together once I was home. Another great part? There’s only 5 ingredients, so it’s a pretty inexpensive meal and makes for great leftovers.
- 1 lb. beef for stew, cubed
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package of onion soup mix
- 4 oz. of non-fat cream cheese
- 8 oz. package of whole grain egg noodles
- Combine beef, soup and soup mix in a crock pot.
- Heat on low for 8 hours (if you go over 8 hours, it will be just fine, just some burning along the edges).
- Stir in cream cheese just before serving; serve over prepared noodles.
- Makes 4 servings.
Tastes great with a veggie – green beans or a side salad.
What is your favorite red meat recipe?