I LOVE bananas. In fact, I eat 1 or 2 bananas each day because they are my go-to snack since they are so convenient. Not to mention, I think my potassium intake is why I haven’t had a single leg cramp while pregnant this time around.
Anyways, it has taken me awhile to find the perfect banana bread recipe. I love this one because I almost always have all the ingredients, it tastes great and doesn’t dry out thanks to the sour cream. Give it a shot!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (salted and unsalted work just fine)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream (light or low-fat both work)
- 2 medium bananas, mashed in a bowl
- Optional: 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (baby chocking hazard, so I generally don’t put these in)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the sour cream and bananas. Spread evenly into a sprayed 9×5″ loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes (my new oven cooks it in 45 minutes; my old oven took the entire 60 minutes), or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- After cooling, slice and enjoy! Keep covered and you shouldn’t have any issues with this bread staying moist for a week. Such a great treat to go with breakfast and kids love it, too!
What is your favorite type of bread to bake (or buy)?