Soaking In The Essence of Now: 22 Months

4 Flares 4 Flares ×

They say I am entering the age nicknamed “Terrible.”

I think that’s a pretty strong word. You’re not terrible, you just have no patience. That will come {hopefully} over time.

But you’re still my baby.

Your chubby cheeks are still here and there’s the slightest touch of arm rolls when you’re positioned just right.

Your little hands reach for everything in sight; wanting to touch and learn your surroundings.

You love cars and dinos and make-up and nails. You think bees are “scary” and yet you’ve become our designated spider squasher. You tell me everything in your gibberish, which I can understand perfectly.

You’re fiercely independent and “read” to yourself and refuse to have anyone help you do things.

You cry {or scream} when you don’t get your way…

…But then the cries turn to laughter. {Most likely because it’s funny watching me run around trying to please you.}

Despite this age having it’s difficulties, I don’t think it’s terrible.

You are still my little angel from heaven.

And I feel so blessed for having you as mine.

{P.S. All of these photos were taken after a major meltdown over marshmallows. Gave her a few before dinner, then had to take them away. Suffice to say, I learned my lesson!}

Linked up with two fab bloggers, My Time As Mom and Mama Track for their brand new Essence of Now linky!

Essence of Now
Moms, what age has been “terrible” for you? Any?

4 Flares Twitter 4 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 4 Flares ×

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

1. says

She’s adorable!

I have to say, once Monkey turned 2, ‘terrible’ took on a new meaning. As in, it could not describe the huge tantrums and attitude. That said, it’s a developmental thing so you just gotta roll with the punches!
    Alison recently posted..The Last Post?My Profile

2. says

Lauren, this post is absolutely beautiful! What a special way to document this age…Mrs. Weber’s blog = Kinley’s special digital scrapbook :) Her photos are amazing–stunning! I love the backstory of the marshmallows…;) The world needs more people raised by the Webers :)

3. says

She is adorable!

Right now we’re going through some strange “Snack” phase. Andrew is 2 1/2 and is always in need of a snack and I have no idea why! He run to the pantry, opens the door, and grabs what ever he wants. The other day I found him at the table with a jar of peanut butter …. he was dipping his hand in it and licking it off!
    Jackie recently posted..Monday Menu ~ Whole wheat sugar cookiesMy Profile

4. says

These pictures are beautiful! And the back story about the marshmallows is too funny.
    I think each age has it’s ups and downs. 2 is tricky because they are learning to communicate and become frustrated when adults don’t understand. 3, in my opinion, deserved the ‘terrible’ more than 2. At 3 kids know how to communicate and they try to push your every button just to see what they can and cannot get away with!
    Erin recently posted..What does The Tooth Fairy Bring?My Profile

5. says

Great pictures! As the mother of a grown son, I can say that probably ages 10-12 were the worst. Yes, I always thought it would be the teen years, but once my son reached 13 or so, it was possible to reason with him. Not so in the pre-teen years. But, it all comes to pass: he’s a wonderful adult, and I love spending time with him! I don’t have to tell you how quickly the time passes…………
    Dianna recently posted..Rescue Barn CharmMy Profile

6. says

I do not be aware that the way I ended up here, nonetheless thought this particular article used to be very good. I wouldn’t recognise who you happen to be even so certainly ensure a new well known doodlekit for many who aren’t presently. All the best!