#iPPP: Revisiting Childhood

I have to say, the best thing about moving back to my hometown has been showing my daughters the places I loved as a kid. This past week, we’ve visited some of my favorite nature-filled spots, one of which was a park I have many memories of — Summer day camps, first dates and walks with friends. I can’t wait for us to make our own memories here.

Karina, enjoying the beautiful and calm lake view.

Kinley having a ball on the swings:

OK, and I had to swing as well. Kinley made me. I swear. {Don’t mind the blur!}

A shadowy family moment:

I can’t wait to continue to show my babies ALL of my favorite places as they grow and hope they show me a few spots along the way, too.

What place from your childhood are you most excited to show your children?

Linked up with iPhone Photo Phun!

GFunkified

Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

1. says

We moved back to my home town too! It is so awesome to take the kids to places I played as child. Festivals I always was so excited for! And there are so many new things too! My lil guy might be starting tumbling classes at my old dance studio soon. For some reason that is making me so weepy lol! Loved this post. Stopping by from #iPPP :)
    Mama Pants recently posted..The Critter WhispererMy Profile

2. Farrah says

Oh this is so great! I recently went back to my hometown for a quick visit and it was fantastic to see the boys run wild where I once did too.

3. says

Your girls are gorgeous! And I absolutely love the shadow picture. We live close to where I grow up, and I tell the kids a lot about things I used to do as a kid. We do go to the same zoos, amusement parks, etc that I’ve always gone to. It’s fun to see it through their eyes!

4. says

I love the shadow pic! It looks like you had a great day sharing a bit of your past with your family and creating new memories with them in some of your favorite places.

5. Leigh says

Mem-ories! :) I remember hanging out with you and our “boys” at that park back in the day, with our takeout Chinese picnics, lol… It will be fun watching your girls have all the different experienes

• Mrs. Weber says

Leigh…OMG! I remember those days. Too funny…I also remember sneaking out of my house and meeting that certain boy in the middle of the night there! HA! Good lord I hope my gals don’t rebel like I did.