If you’re on social sites like Twitter and Facebook, chances are you’ve seen someone who has written a post starting with “That awkward moment when…”
I don’t know about you all, but the official website typically has me nodding in agreement because I feel like I find myself in awkward situations. All. The. Time. After all, what is life without some awkward moments to spice things up?
When you have kids, there are bound to be PLENTY of awkward moments. I have yet to see my children’s teen years, but I will tell you, having a newborn again has reminded me of just how awkward these little beings can make things at times. Granted, I wouldn’t change it for the world, but still…
I’ve written up a list of awkward moments I have experienced since Karina’s birth. Sorry so many include bodily functions. They make for good writing!
That awkward moment when…
- Your baby spits up on you and it takes hours before you realize it.
- You walk into baby’s room and the stench reminds you of Taco Bell.
- You finally muster the courage to go out into public with le bebe and he/she has a blowout diaper. And you didn’t bring a change of clothes.
- Baby is busy filling her diaper in the store and your toddler is screaming “Pooping! Pooping! Pooping!”
- A stranger calls your baby – decked out in pink – a boy.
- You sit and take being projectile vomited on because you’d prefer to clean up yourself versus having to clean the couch.
- You are mid diaper change and baby decides to pee or poop. And you don’t notice right away.
- Baby pulls off the nursing cover and you may have flashed a stranger walking by.
Regardless of the awkward moments that occur, aren’t newborns so awesome? Having a toddler has reminded me of how simple they are!
What awkward moments have your kids caused you?