So it has come to my attention that I’m a bit of a snob when it comes to Christmas decor.
- You won’t find blow-up anything in our yard because I despise the way they look all deflated during the day.
- You would never see blinking lights anywhere in our home.
- I don’t like much that goes out of the bounds of typical Christmas reds, greens, white and gold.
- Although our tree has a variety of ornaments, I secretly wish they matched or had some over-arching theme.
- I’m not a fan of any cartoon character “Christmas”-ified and plastered all over things such as T-shirts and decor (i.e. Dora, Mickey Mouse, Sponge Bob items. Blech.)
At the end of the day, I like decor tastefully done. Traditional. Lots of garland and big red bows and white lights (color is cool too when done right).
You don’t have to like my style and I don’t have to like yours. In the end, it’s not the decor that matters this season. It’s about family togetherness, friend love, appreciating all of our blessings, and if you’re a Christian, the birth of Jesus.
But, I may poke fun of you a tad if you have blinking lights
What’s your Christmas decor style?