This sounds like a great opportunity for a local child, age 10-18, to win BIG!
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and the Detroit Lions have teamed up for the second year for this year’s #MIKidsCan Turkey Day VIP Sweepstakes running through Nov. 9. Presenting one lucky winner with a once-in-a-lifetime Thanksgiving experience including an appearance in America’s Thanksgiving Parade® presented by Art Van and 10 seats at the Detroit Lions game, the sweepstakes aims to highlight the importance of children’s health and asks families to share how they get active for 60 minutes on Thanksgiving Day.
The winner of the #MIKidsCan Turkey Day VIP Sweepstakes will be randomly selected and announced on Monday, Nov. 14. The prize package includes:
- A ride on the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan float with two, accompanying adults in America’s Thanksgiving Parade® presented by Art Van down Woodward Avenue
- Special seating for eight along the parade route
- A custom jersey or jacket
- Delivering the commemorative game ball to Ford Field before the Lions take on the Minnesota Vikings
- On-field participation in the national anthem and fan tunnel experience
- A catered, Thanksgiving dinner for 10 while watching the game from club-level seats
To enter, parents can visit www.DetroitLions.com/
Last year, Conner Smith, a 10-year-old from Commerce Township, was chosen from more than 1,300 entries to take part in the day’s festivities with his family.
The #MIKidsCan Turkey Day VIP Sweepstakes supports Blue Cross’s ongoing commitment to children’s health through its #MIKidsCan campaign and partnership with the Detroit Lions’ Play 60 program – initiatives focused on encouraging kids to adopt healthy habits and get active for at least 60 minutes every day.
Over the last 11 years, Blue Cross has given more than $6.5 million in support of kids’ health and wellness initiatives across the state, reaching nearly 200,000 children in nearly 400 schools.
Best of luck if you enter!