I could shout it from the rooftops: Being a third time mom rocks. It’s amazing how adding a baby to the mix can make you feel much more fulfilled despite absolute chaos happening daily. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking on this, and believe I know why: 1. Having three means one kid always has a playmate when you can’t tend to their needs. 2. You are much.more.relaxed. I felt somewhat relaxed the second time around, but the third time? It truly has been a charm.*
Just for fun I decided to write out all the things I’ve realized as a third time mom:
1. You finally realize buying Christmas presents for a child under the age of one is ridiculous. College money? Thank you. Another noisy toy? Please return it.
2. You don’t run to replace the batteries on a swing or jumperoo. In fact, maybe you just never replace them. #guilty
3. You know that a diaper bag full of stuff isn’t needed for a short outing. Throw a few things in the car like an extra outfit and one small chew toy, and stick a few diapers and wipes in your purse and go. If a blowout diaper happens, there’s always a baby wipe bath.
4. You could care less about brand new things. You take all the hand-me-downs you can get knowing that they grow out of everything within minutes of wearing it.
5. You’re not as adamant about a schedule. Sure, they need to nap at some point and go to bed at a decent time, but they will have to learn to sleep while you’re on-the-go with the other two.
6. You aren’t even remotely brand loyal. Diapers on sale? Yes, please. And believe me — I have my favorites, but I’ve tried every.single.brand. and they all have their pros and cons. At the end of the day, it’s a place to poop. No need to spend extra moula. [Read more…]