My purse and its contents have become a major issue during the past few months.
Not only is it embarrassing to pull out a diaper at a meeting instead of a pack of gum, but it’s annoying. My purse is like a black hole – I can’t ever find anything I need and I lose my phone in it all.the.time. (The sneaky side pocket inside my purse gets me every time!)
Since becoming a mom, my purse has taken on a whole different role as a quasi diaper bag…because let’s be real, after a certain point, do you really want to lug a real diaper bag around when you’re just running a few errands? I tend to toss in whatever I need to amuse K for a bit…and there it sits until my weekly purse dumping.
These days, this is what the contents look like:
After this particular dumpage, I discovered the following:
- 3 packs of gum
- Assorted Halloween candy (got rid of this quickly by placing it in my belly)
- Snacks — specifically, puffs, a fruit roll and applesauce for K
- 1 diaper
- 2 bibs
- A headband for K
- A story time program
- Baby hand wipes
- 6 coupons for Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Small bottle of hand lotion
- Checkbook (I know, who writes checks these days?!)
- 4 tubes of lipstick/gloss
- Hand sanitizer
So my question to you is this:
How do you keep your purse organized? How do you find items without going crazy? I need tips!