Sometimes I fantasize about inventing something. Then I’m hit with the reality of how difficult it is to really do. Regardless, it’s OK to pretend, right? I’d like to think that if moms ruled the world, these are some of the inventions we would have already created:
1. A babysitter service for the grocery store. Or, a parking lot attendant who can watch your child as he/she sleeps peacefully in the car (and make sure the car maintains a good temperature during the hot/cold months).
2. Specific parking spots for expecting moms – everywhere – not just Babies ‘R’ Us. And a few spots for moms carrying toddlers, too.
3. A magic potion for helping a baby to sleep for 12 hours straight.
4. Automatic doors required for all stores – boutiques included – to avoid stroller mishaps.
5. You know how there’s that high pitched sound only dogs can hear? How about that for children’s toys? Only they can hear the cheesy music being played over and over.
6. A robot that can feed your child while you nap for the 30 minutes.
7. A requirement for all restaurants to have high chairs. Clean high chairs at that.
8. A driving lane just for parents travelling with kids. Nobody would tailgate you there in theory, right? (I get very mama bear when people tailgate me now – if I get rear-ended with my little one in the car, I may go ballistic on the culprit.)
9. Nursing rooms at all large stores. You want moms to shop at your store? Give her a place to go to nurse le bebe.
10. A contraption that mimics a human arm and chest, complete with a heartbeat, that can help soothe baby to sleep.
11. A lock on smart phones that allows baby to play, but not delete or download apps…or call business contacts.
I also asked my Facebook followers to chime in and here were some of their amazing suggestions:
12. A bionic third arm/hand. – Rita
13. A clone or a teleporter so I don’t have to deal with getting all my kids in/out of the car! – Serena
14. Drive-thru grocery stores. – Heather
15. Moms should grow an extra arm every time they give birth…or adopt. – Christine
16. A washer/dryer in one machine. Load it once and never end up with musky clothes cause you forgot! – Amber
17. A device that keeps a pacifier in a baby’s mouth while sleeping so neither one of us has to wake up! – Kimmy
18. A personal chef and maid. Or the ability to freeze time like Evie from that show “Out of This World” so I can cook & clean. Or, if someone could just find a way that moms can recharge without actually sleeping, that’d be great. – This Side of 30
If you could create anything to make things easier for parents, what would it be?