The post below is a client of mine. All opinions expressed belong to me. For real though, I love going to this sale each year 😉
The presence of books in the home has a greater influence on a child’s level of education than does the parents income, nationality, or level of education.
This statistic is one of many reasons I rarely say “no” to books, especially when they are easy to find at garage sales and book sales!
One of my favorite perks of April is Bookstock, Michigan’s largest book and media sale benefitting our neighbors hungry for the love of literacy.
During the past 17 years, Bookstock has generated more than $2 million for literacy and education projects in Michigan. Nearly 800 volunteers work together throughout the year to organize and staff the weeklong Bookstock sale. It really is a fantastic and well-run operation!
The Bookstock 2019 sale takes place Sunday, April 7 through Sunday, April 14 at the Laurel Park Place mall in Livonia.
Bookstock has 300,000-plus gently used books, DVDs, CDs, books on tape, and vinyl for sale at bargain basement prices. The sale runs Sundays from 11 a.m. — 6 p.m. and Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. — 9 p.m. New stock is added to the floor daily and entry is FREE.
Bookstock 2019 Special Sales
- Pre-Sale – Sunday, April 7: Visit Bookstock from 8:15 a.m. – 11 a.m. where savvy shoppers and collectors first crack at Bookstock’s treasure trove of deals. There is a $20 admission charge for the Pre-Sale only.
- Monday Madness – Monday, April 8: The first 2,000 shoppers will receive spectacular giveaways plus a chance to win a $100 VISA gift card every hour!
- Teacher Appreciation Days – Tuesday, April 9 and Wednesday April 10: Bookstock is celebrating teachers by giving 50% off to all teachers with a valid ID from 3 — 9 p.m. on both days. On Tuesday at 5 p.m., the Bookstock B.E.S.T. Awards, (Bookstock Extraordinary Student/School/Teacher) will be presented to fourth grade students from Detroit Public Schools Community District who write the top essays entitled, “My Favorite Book Character…and Why.” A WDIV TV personality will present the awards live, and cash prizes will be given to five students, their teachers and their schools.
- Bookbuster Special Days – Thursday, April 11 and Friday, April 12: Buy three books and get the fourth book free (least expensive item) from 3 – 9 p.m. Spend $25 or more on either night and be entered in a special drawing for: Skates signed by Olympic Gold Medalist Meryl Davis, 2 tickets to a Detroit Tigers game or 2 grand stand tickets to the Detroit Grand Prix
- Cookstock – Saturday, April 13: Half price on the area’s largest collection of used cookbooks plus incredible cooking and dining prizes given away throughout the day.
- Half Price Finale – Sunday, April 14: All books and media will be sold for half price!
How To Find Bookstock
Bookstock is brought to the community by a consortium of non-profit organizations that support education and literacy projects throughout metro Detroit. For more information about Bookstook, call the Bookstock hotline, (248) 645-7840, ext. 365, or visit bookstockmi.org.
Laurel Park Place is located on 6 Mile Road east of I-275 in Livonia.
What is your favorite section to shop at book sales? I’m a memoir lady myself!