I LOVE live music. Unfortunately my budget combined with having young kids makes it near impossible to attend concerts. Instead of shelling out $100 for nosebleed seats, I love supporting our local music scene, and summer is the perfect time to do so. Additionally, outdoor concerts are kid-friendly, after all, what kid doesn’t like to boogie?
I found some great FREE 2015 summer concerts around Ann Arbor, Detroit, Flint, Lansing and the surrounding suburbs. Be sure to head out and support local music, and of course, support the local shops and restaurants while you’re there, too!
NOTE: Cities are in alphabetical order. I couldn’t include all, so I picked the communities of where the majority of my readers are from.
FREE SUMMER CONCERTS IN SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN – 2015
Sonic Lunch Series | Thursdays at Noon in Liberty Park Plaza. Partner restaurants will be on-site selling food
- June 4 – Martha Reeves
- June 11 – Joshua Davis
- June 18 – Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas
- June 25 – Michelle Chamuel wsg/ Absofacto
- July 9 – Joe Hertler & The Rainbow Seekers
- July 23 – Laith Al-Saadi
- July 30 – Bennett
- August 6 – Luke Winslow-King
- August 13 – BØRNS wsg/ Chris Bathgate
- August 20 – Theo Katzman wsg/ Joey Dosik
- August 27 – Vulfpeck
Concerts in the Park at Burns Park | Concerts in the Park are free on Sundays in Burns Park at 1:30 p.m.
- June 28 – Gemini Brothers
- July 12 – Mister Laurence and his Play Money Band
- July 19 – Nessa
- July 26 – Sensorium Saxophone Quarter
- August 4 – Neil Woodward (Note: This is a Tuesday not Sunday like the others)
- August 9 – Big Blue Tide
- August 16 – Cedric
Free concerts with the Ann Arbor Civic Band | Concerts are Wednesdays from 8-9 p.m. They are held in the West Park Band Shell on Seventh Street between Miller and Huron
- June 17 – On the March
- June 24 – Swingin’ to the Big Bands
- July 1 – Fourth of July Celebration
- July 8 – Children’s Concert
- July 15 – Great Composers of Broadway: Gershwin, Porter, and Berlin
- July 22 – At the Movies