Love this magnet from Etsy! Just $4 here.
Everyone loves the blue box on occasion, and it’s something almost everyone has in the cupboard at all times. While it’s fun to appeal to kids (and what kid doesn’t love mac n’ cheese?), us adults have to find ways to have fun with our share, too. Try these simple fixes to turn the $1 treat into a tasty low-budget meal.
1. Tex Mex Beefy Mac – Salsa, ground beef and corn make this a quick meal, perfect for leftovers, too. Or, even put it it right into a tortilla shell.
2. Macaroni and Tuna Noodle Casserole – Just make the box as prepared, add tuna and cream of mushroom soup. If you’re feeling like being classic with the recipe, add in fresh (or frozen) peas.
3. Old Fashioned Baked Mac and Cheese – Go into a comfort food coma with a low-budget twist, including Italian dressing and diced tomatoes.
4. Macaroni Lasagna – Forget about cooking those long annoying noodles with this recipe – just add sauce, beef and mozzarella.
5. Macaroni and Cheese Chilled Salad – Heading to a picnic? Try this recipe including celery, boiled eggs and tomato for something yummy and different.
My husband has also gotten me into Frank’s Red Hot lately. Now I can’t have macaroni and cheese or cheesy potatoes without it!
How do you spice up your blue box treat?