One of my favorite posts to write the past few years has been a BIG list of FREE summer concerts. First, because I love lists. Second, because nothing beats live music.
Community concerts are the perfect way to introduce your child to the performing arts and let them burn energy by dancing and enjoying the music. Some of my favorite summer memories have been dancing with my kids to live music. It’s admirable how much they don’t care what others think. We could all take a page from their book 😉
This year, I’m collaborating with several local bloggers to bring you lists of FREE Southeast Michigan summer concert series. Make sure to check back often because we will add to our lists as concert information becomes available!
I’m covering Livingston County. See my fellow bloggers for what’s happening near you:
- Mom Among Chaos: Macomb County Summer Concert Series
- Metro Detroit Mommy: Oakland County Summer Concert Series
- Ann Arbor With Kids: Washtenaw County Summer Concert Series
- Redesigning Happiness: Wayne County Summer Concert Series
Visit the Millpond in downtown Brighton for live music. All concerts run from 7-9 p.m. with a pre band show starting at 6:30 p.m.
- July 8: The Dale Hicks Band
- July 15: Weekend Comeback
- July 22: Magic Bus
- July 29: Fast Eddie
- August 5: Toppermost
- August 12: 50 Amp Fuse
- August 19: The Persuasion Band
- August 26: Steve King and the Dittlies
Visit Hartland Music Hall for live music on Wednesday nights. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., music begins at 7 p.m. Bring a picnic or pick up some brats & dogs from the Ranger’s 4-H.
- June 20: Just Around The Corner
- June 27: The Ragbirds
- July 11: The Legacy Tribute Show
- July 18: Motown Eagles
- July 26: The George Brothers
- August 1: Remix
June 6, July 11, August 1
Visit downtown Howell for a rockin’ summer series featuring live bands, food from local restaurants, beer brewed by local breweries, Aberrant Ales and Eternity Brewing, and more! The music is free to the public, and food will be available for purchase. *All musical acts TBA*
A variety of local area musicians take center stage every Friday night throughout the summer on the Courthouse lawn. Concerts are from 7-9 p.m.
- June 29: The Magic Bus
- July 6: Looking Back — Bob Seger Tribute Band
- July 13: The Accidentals
- July 20: Rusty Wright Blues Band
- July 27: Steve King & The Dittilies
- August 3: The Saline Fiddlers
- August 10: The Motown Eagles
- August 17:Rhythm Society Orchestra
- August 24: Toppermost — Beatles Tribute Band
Which concert are you most looking forward to?
Find more FREE fun here!