The information below has been provided by BCBSM.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is teaming up with the Detroit Lions to tackle childhood obesity by partnering on the Lions “Play 60” campaign, an initiative to encourage kids to get 60 minutes of physical activity each day.
To celebrate the partnership and get kids active this summer, Blue Cross has created the #MIKidsCan Play like a Lion Challenge. As part of Blue Cross’s ongoing #MIKidsCan initiative, kids across the state can pledge to “Play like a Lion” for a chance to earn one of 10 VIP experiences at Ford Field when the Lions take on the New York Jets Thursday, Aug. 13.
- Kids ages 6-12 are eligible to participate.
- Each participant will pledge to complete four, weekly health activities during July, with the permission of their parents/guardians.
- Upon completion of the challenge, 10 grand prize winners will be selected to participate in a VIP experience, along with a friend, which includes on-field activities and a player meet and greet at the Lions’ Aug. 13game at Ford Field.
- Each winner receives four tickets to attend the game.
- Winners will be announced Aug. 6.