I am a gal who loves to be on the go. Living on a budget can sometimes hinder my ability to just do as I please. I always like to say if I can help my family save money in one place, we can spend the leftovers doing things we love to do like eating out, going to local attractions or maybe, one day, take a vacation (like on an airplane!).
There are thousands of money-saving blogs out there and it can be hard to cut through the clutter. I follow quite a few and let me tell you – the gals that run these websites work their tails off. To give some props to them, I’m highlighting 5 blogs I love learning from. I highly suggest following them on Twitter and Facebook as well, so you never have to worry about missing a deal!
1. Frugal Girls – This is one of the money-saving blog behemoths, and for a good reason. The information on the site is organized well and doesn’t just highlight coupons. My favorite posts include chic & crafty DIY projects, a big list of Pampers Gift to Grow codes and the awesome list of birthday freebies. National in scope. Follow: Facebook | Twitter
2. Free Is My Life – I love FIML because she has a great variety of items and mostly everything is FREE or very low cost. Plus, she does a lot of great giveaways that mainly just require entering your information. Another added bonus: her morning tweets/FB posts about how much she loves free are always entertaining. Mix of national and metro Detroit deals. Follow: Facebook | Twitter
3. Deal Seeking Mom – This mom of 5 is one heck of a deal catcher. I love her coupon scenarios – makes it much easier for a novice like me to understand. I love how she says she can help “squeeze champagne out of a tap water budget.” Favorite features include her calendar and the baby freebies section. National in scope. Follow: Facebook | Twitter
4. Bargains To Bounty – This is a great blog to follow for a good mix of deals. The gal behind it does a great job capturing a variety of ways to save money – from posting local garage sales to answering readers questions on how to save. One thing I am continuously impressed with is the feedback received on Facebook – it is one of the most interactive pages I follow. Love seeing others helping all of us try to save! Many national deals, but also regional (metro Detroit) scope. Follow: Facebook | Twitter
5. The Couponing Journey – First off, I feel like I know the website owner, Robyn. If you join her email list, she sends a daily email including fun personal details of her life, which is kind of nice to see in lieu of only a list of deals. I love her e-books and menu ideas she has posted. Plus, the site is really organized and she does a great job compiling weekly store/coupon match-ups that can inspire all of us to use our coupons wisely. National in scope, but happy to say she’s a Michigander! Follow: Facebook | Twitter
What are your favorite money-savings blogs?