One of my favorite posts to write the past three years has been a BIG list of FREE summer concerts. First, because I love lists. Second, because nothing beats live music.
Community concerts are the perfect way to introduce your child to the performing arts and let them burn energy by dancing and enjoying the music. Some of my favorite summer memories have been dancing with my kids to live music. It’s admirable how much they don’t care what others think. We could all take a page from their book 😉
This year, I’m collaborating with several local bloggers to bring you lists of FREE Southeast Michigan summer concert series. Make sure to check back often because we will add to our lists as concert information becomes available!
I’m covering Livingston County. See my fellow bloggers for what’s happening near you:
- Mom Among Chaos: Macomb County Summer Concert Series
- Metro Detroit Mommy: Oakland County Summer Concert Series
- Ann Arbor With Kids: Washtenaw County Summer Concert Series
- Redesigning Happiness: Wayne County Summer Concert Series
Visit the Millpond in downtown Brighton for live music. All concerts run from 7-9 p.m. with a pre band show starting at 6:30 p.m.
- July 9: Moose and da Sharks
- July 16: Magic Bus
- July 23: Billy Mack and the Juke Joint Jonnies
- July 30: Paradise Band with the Blues Brothers
- August 6: Toppermost
- August 13: 50 Amp Fuse
- August 20: The Persuasion Band
- August 27: Steve King and the Dittlies
Visit Hartland Music Hall for live music on Wednesday nights. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., music begins at 7 p.m. Bring a picnic or pick up some brats & dogs from the Ranger’s 4-H.
- June 28: Steve King & The Dittilies
- July 5: Just Around The Corner
- July 12: Legacy Tribute Show
- July 19: Jill Jack
- July 26: Remix
- August 2: Toppermost
Visit downtown Howell for food and FREE music. Live Music takes place outdoors at 2FOGS Pub back Courtyard, Cobb Hall Insurance’s patio, in front of Cleary’s Pub and the alley behind Dairy Queen. Festivities continue rain or shine as multiple music venues have indoor options.
- Cobb Hall Insurance: The Flutter & Wow | 6-8 p.m.
- Peanut Row (Behind Carriage House): Karley Davidson | 6-8 p.m.
- Cleary’s Pub: Jody Raffoul Band | 7-9 p.m.
- 2FOGS Pub: Shawn Riley Band | 7-9 p.m.
A variety of local area musicians take center stage every Friday night throughout the summer on the Courthouse lawn. Concerts are from 7-9 p.m.
- June 30: The Magic Bus
- July 7: Rhythm Society Orchestra
- July 14: Rusty Wright Blues Band
- July 21: Sonic Freeway
- July 28: Steve King & The Dittilies
- August 4: Alan Turner & the Steel Horse Band
- August 11: The Accidentals
- August 18: Air Margaritaville
- August 25: Toppermost
*Waiting on details for the Hootin’ In The Park summer concert series*
Which concert are you most looking forward to?