The post below is sponsored by Sandra’s Chicken. All opinions expressed belong to me.
I always chuckle when someone says to me “Wow, you’re busy!”
I don’t wear busy it as a badge of honor, because I know being too busy has repercussions. I’m just not sure how to not be busy partly because of my personality, and because I have three children that keep me hopping!
One thing I’ve grown to despise is making weeknight meals. I’ve lamented before how we changed our dinnertime to accommodate life. This year, we do our best to eat dinner as a family, but it only works for about half the week. Other nights, our meals need to be a make-ahead meal, or something that is easy to prepare since I’m often cooking while solo parenting, helping the kids with homework, and prepping to head off to an extracurricular activity.
In order to make sure the kids eat, I’m typically the queen of 30-minute meals, jarred sauce, steam-able veggies, and things that can easily be thrown in the oven without a whole lotta chopping involved 😉
I was recently introduced to Sandra’s Chicken Drumsticks, which can be found in the frozen section at Kroger. The drumsticks are made from chicken that is cage-free, raised without antibiotics and fed an all-vegetarian diet. Just pop them out of the package, defrost, and bake. Easy peasy.
I like that they are made with 100 percent natural ingredients, zero grams trans fat, and without hormones, nitrites or preservatives. If you’re going to buy pre-packaged food, this is the way to go!
The hubby and I really enjoyed the sweet and spicy flavor, though it did have a kick. The kids demolished the savory herb ones…Because who doesn’t love gnawing on a drumstick? Even my kid that’s missing most of her front teeth enjoyed it 😉
I would buy these again in a heartbeat. Love a simple dinner, and the opportunities for easy sides are endless!
In addition to sharing about this fantastic, quick meal helper, I wanted to share some other fantastic and kid-friendly recipes from some of my favorite Michigan bloggers for when you are in need some easy weeknight mealtime inspiration, too!
10+ Easy Meal Ideas for Busy Weekday Nights
- Unsloppy Joes from Metro Detroit Mommy
- English Muffin Pizzas from Coupon Savvy Sarah
- Beef Vegetable Noodle Soup from You Brew My Tea
- Sausage, Asparagus & Quinoa from Everyday Savvy
- From Scratch Chicken Soup from Week 99er
- Monte Cristo Sliders from Dash of Evans
- Quick and Easy Chicken Squares from All Things With Purpose
- One Pot Potato Soup by Eat Travel Life
- Easy Almond Butter Vegetable Stir-Fry by The Mexitalian
- Skillet Ziti with Chicken Sausage by Mom to Mom Nutrition
- Mini Turkey Meatloves Sheet Pan Dinner by Rachel Cooks
- Ham and Cheese Baked Egg Cups by The Lemon Bowl
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup by Foxes Loves Lemons
Sandra’s is a line of all natural chicken products made at Serenade Foods in Milford, Indiana. Since 1976, the family-owned company has manufactured chicken products, including flavored drumsticks, stuffed chicken minis and entrées.
What’s your go-to meal for those busy week nights?