If you’ve been following me for awhile, you may know I tend to be a thrifty mama and love a lot of bang for my buck. One super easy way to get it is by thrifting at the Salvation Army.
Many items in my house are from “The Sally” as I like to call it 😉 I’ve re-habbed end tables, cabinets, and bought tons clothing — a lot of it still with tags! It takes patience to thrift, but I always find it’s well worth the effort.
So let me tell ya, I’ll be popping into my local store several times this month to hunt for treasure because this month, The Salvation ArmySoutheast Michigan Adult Rehabilitation Center will be offering shoppers at all 35 metro Detroit thrift stores up to 50 percent off certain items during its October ‘ThriftFest’ event.
Here’s the scoop on what’s going on:
- MONDAYS: Every Monday in October is “Men’s Night,” where men can get 50 percent off all clothing, shoes, accessories and electronics from 6 p.m. until close.
- TUESDAYS: Kids are the stars on Tuesdays, when shoppers can enjoy 50 percent off all clothing, toys, accessories and shoes all day.
- WEDNESDAYS: Residents over the age of 55 will benefit on Wednesdays, when thrift stores will offer shoppers anywhere from 25 percent to 44 percent off select items, including jewelry and collectibles.
- THURSDAYS: Thursdays will be “Ladies Night” from 6 p.m. until close offering 50 percent off all clothing, shoes and accessories.
- FRIDAYS: “Furniture Fridays” offers shoppers 50 percent off all furniture, as well as 15 percent off new mattresses and bedframes.
- Early-bird shoppers can look forward to Sally Savings Saturdays, when the first 25 shoppers at every store will receive 50 percent off their entire purchase.
- ON HALLOWEEN: Shoppers who come in wearing their Halloween costumes on Oct. 31 will receive will receive 33 percent off their entire order.
For complete details on The Salvation Army Family Thrift Stores ‘ThriftFest,’ make sure to visit www.facebook.com/semiarc often. They are great about posting reminders too, so if you’re thrift-minded, make sure you subscribe to their posts!
MEGA BONUS! Proceeds from all metro Detroit thrift stores benefit The Salvation Army Southeast Michigan Adult Rehabilitation Center’s independently funded, 180-day residential rehabilitation program for men and women.
What has been your best-ever thrift find?