Bookstock is a client of mine through work. No additional compensation was exchanged for the purpose of this post. I truly just love this event!
Whether it’s reading to your children, having them read to you, or discussing a book on a plane with a stranger, books bring people together. This is just one reason I am thrilled to share about the ultimate book lover’s sale coming to Livonia April 23-30: Bookstock. If you enjoy books, this is a must-attend event!
I am a huge library advocate, but having books readily available in our home is equally important to me. In fact, it’s the one thing I usually indulge my kids with when they ask. How can I deny them their desire to learn? I love the opportunity to cuddle and learn together.
Now that I have a early reader in the house, I’m even more adamant about my kids seeing both my husband and I read our own books, and explaining how it’s such a great habit to start at a young age.
Thing is, books can be pretty pricey. For that, shopping used book sales is a great option. Not only is it like a real-life treasure hunt, but many books are typically like new, and most sales help great causes. Sometimes I just buy ones I love so I can pass them along. They make wonderful gifts!
Bookstock will unite word nerds at Laurel Park Place in Livonia April 23-30, 2017 this year. Mark your calendar!
About Bookstock 2017
Bookstock is an annual, non-profit used book and media sale. All merchandise sold comes from donations and all workers and organizers are volunteers. Proceeds are donated to non-profit organizations and merchandise remaining after the sale is donated to area non-profit organizations and schools.
During the past 15 years, Bookstock has generated nearly $1.7 million for literacy and education projects throughout Oakland County and Detroit.
200,000+ ITEMS! Pre-sorted books and merchandise, replenished daily. Available items include:
- Current fiction, children’s books, biographies, cookbooks
- Records and CD’s
- DVD’s and Videos
- Books on tape
- Dozens of Categories
When is the sale?
April 23-30, 2017
Bookstock’s Pre-Sale will kick-off on Sunday, April 23 at 8:15 a.m. with a performance by Livonia’s Churchill High School Drumline. There is a $20 admission charge for the Pre-Sale only, which runs through 11 a.m. and offers savvy shoppers and collectors first crack at Bookstock’s treasure trove of bargains. Bookstock has over 200,000 donated used books, DVDs, CDs, books on tape, magazines and records for sale at bargain basement prices. The sale will continue through Sunday, April 30, running Sundays, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. – 9p.m. During regular sale hours, admission is FREE and most books cost between $0.50 – $4.
Special Sale Days
This year, Bookstock will feature six days of special sales:
- Monday Madness – Monday, April 24: The first 1,000 shoppers will receive spectacular giveaways and one lucky shopper will receive a $500 VISA gift card.
- Teacher Appreciation Day – Tuesday, April 25: Bookstock is celebrating teachers by giving 50% off to all teachers with a valid ID from 3–9 p.m. At 5 p.m., the Bookstock B.E.S.T.* Awards, (Bookstock Extraordinary Student/School/Teacher)will be presented to fourth grade students from Detroit Public Schools Community District who write the best essays entitled, “My Favorite Book Character…and Why.” A WDIV TV personality, will present the awards live,and cash prizes will be given to five students, their teachers and their schools.
- Cookstock – Wednesday, April 26: Bookstock will feature the area’s largest collection of gently used cookbooks, and local TV celebrities Tati Amare (WDIV- 4), Carolyn Clifford (WXYZ-7) and Sherry Margolis (Fox 2) will announce the winners of the first Cookstock Recipe Contest at 5 .pm. at Bookstock, the first recipe contest to benefit literacy in Michigan!
- Bookbuster Special Days – Thursday, April 27 and Friday, April 28: Buy three books and get the fourth book *free (*least expensive item) from 3 – 9 p.m. Spend $25 or more either night and be entered in a special drawing for:
- 4 tickets to a Red Wings game in the new Little Caesars Arena
- A piece of the Palace floor signed by Pistons Bad Boy Bill Laimbeer
- A two night stay and two rounds of Golf for two people at Treetops Resort in Gaylord
- Half Price Finale, Sunday, April 30: All books and media will be sold for half price!
For more information about Bookstock, call (248) 645-7840, ext. 365 or visit bookstock.info, or follow on Facebook | Twitter.
Laurel Park Place is located on 6 Mile Road east of I-275 in Livonia.
What are your favorite frugal ways to get books?
Liz @ Yes/No Films says
I can actually attend this year 🙂 I was out of town last year. I plan on going Sunday but after the first 3 hours of opening day craziness!
Mrs. Weber says
Awesome plan! I will be there Tuesday. I need to make a list because there are so many books I want to own!
This is really a very nice blog, liked it so much. Can you share some useful tips for successfull blogging. I am also running my own blog of gifts and would really appreciate your help. Thanks