The information below has been provided by BCBSM.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is teaming up with the Detroit Lions to tackle childhood obesity by partnering on the Lions “Play 60” campaign, an initiative to encourage kids to get 60 minutes of physical activity each day.
To celebrate the partnership and get kids active this summer, Blue Cross has created the #MIKidsCan Play like a Lion Challenge. As part of Blue Cross’s ongoing #MIKidsCan initiative, kids across the state can pledge to “Play like a Lion” for a chance to earn one of 10 VIP experiences at Ford Field when the Lions take on the New York Jets Thursday, Aug. 13.
- Kids ages 6-12 are eligible to participate.
- Each participant will pledge to complete four, weekly health activities during July, with the permission of their parents/guardians.
- Upon completion of the challenge, 10 grand prize winners will be selected to participate in a VIP experience, along with a friend, which includes on-field activities and a player meet and greet at the Lions’ Aug. 13game at Ford Field.
- Each winner receives four tickets to attend the game.
- Winners will be announced Aug. 6.
Upon registration for the challenge, parents have the option of creating a customized Play 60 trading card with their child’s photo. Parents can also share photos of their kids completing the four challenges for an opportunity to win weekly, prize giveaways of autographed Matthew Stafford gear. One winner will be randomly selected each week from photo submissions using the hashtags #MIKidsCan and #Contest. Parents can get more information on the challenge and register their kids to participate at AHealthierMichigan.org/mikidscan.
#MIKidsCan Play like a Lion supports Blue Cross’s ongoing commitment to children’s health and its #MIKidsCancampaign – an initiative focused on encouraging kids to adopt healthy habits early in life that are more likely to be carried into adulthood. Over the last 10 years, Blue Cross has given more than $6 million in support of kids’ health and wellness initiatives across the state, reaching more than 100,000 children.
For more information on the #MIKidsCan Play like a Lion Challenge and Blue Cross’s ongoing efforts to help improve childhood health, visit AHealthierMichigan.org/mikidscan or follow #MIKidsCan on Twitter.
Best of luck! Get out there and play!